Monday 29 April 2013

First day, first review...

OK, so I thought it might be an idea to take a photo of what I wear, in an attempt to objectively review my clothes and maybe come to some magical conclusion about where I am going wrong. Today, a pair of black yoga pants and a pale green top, with a dark green vest underneath. I mean, honestly, what am I doing? Those trousers really enhance the saddle bags and the top is just making me look utterly shapeless. But it's all so comfortable. When you spend the best part of your day on the floor or hefting a baby around, comfort becomes really important. There must, however, be other options. Friends seem to look comfy in jeans, but then they are infinitely thinner than I am (yes, even the ones from my NCT group). I can't remember the last time I wore jeans. I even made the (I now see) mistake of buying jeggings, thinking they were a comfy compromise. They make me look like Max Wall (one for google if you're younger than me!). Actually, having just looked at a picture of Max Wall, his legs were much better than mine...

Enough about the disaster area that is my wardrobe. Let's look at some positives from today... I had a bowl of cereal (Cheerios) for breakfast rather than two slices of toast with lemon curd (I kid you not). Lunch was not so great, cheese salad sarnie, and dinner a steak sandwich. Quite carb heavy. I did manage to do my 10,000 steps though. And I started writing this blog. I didn't bake any scones, or run up a quick pinafore dress for the monkey princess. Nor did I write the first chapter of my novel or read a book rather than watch TV (Masterchef is too exciting...). Still, Rome wasn't built in a day, and I have done better today than I did yesterday. Long may it continue.



No comments:

Post a Comment